Through a recent grant from the Administration for Native Americans for the N.A.T.I.V.E. Project (Navajo Artists Technology Innovation & Vision Enterprise), Capacity Builders, Inc. (CBI) will create a website to showcase Navajo and other Native American Artists and Artisans in the Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and southern Colorado region in all arts & crafts mediums, e.g., jewelry, rugs, baskets, sculptures, sandpaintings, paintings, mixed media, and so on.
The website at http://thenativeartists.com is still under construction. When completed, it will contain unlimited stores. It will be multi-layered, and targeted for the domestic and international marketplace. Content will include biographies, hi-resolution pictures of Artists and Artisans and their artwork, videos, a shopping feature, regularly updated news, and other features. Individual artist sites will also be developed free of charge.
- The APPLICATION below may be submitted by the Artist or Artisan wishing to be included in the showcase website.
- Applicant must be an enrolled Navajo or other Native American living and working in the Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and southern Colorado region.
- A BIO and photos/pictures of the work of the Artist or Artisan must be attached to the APPLICATION sufficient for an assessment of quality. In lieu of pictures of the work, links to websites containing hi-resolution samples of the work are acceptable. Do NOT send original work. Samples will not be returned.
- We are looking for Artists and Artisans whose quality work is representative of the unique sensibilities of Navajo and other Native American Artists and Artisans in the region, both traditional and contemporary.
- Preference will be given to new and emerging Artists and Artisans. Artists of established reputation who are still looking for a firmfooting in the marketplace will also be preferred.
- Selections for the Showcase Website shall be made by CBI. All decisions are final.
- Selected Artists and Artisans will be required to sign an agreement to work with CBI for creation and use of images, stories and work for the showcase website and promotional materials related to the website.
- The below Application is to be submitted with all necessary attachments by hand, mail, fax or email to NATIVE Project, CBI, 418 West Broadway, Farmington, NM 87401 Tel: (505) 326-4245 Fax: (505) 326-1698 Email: Kahlaya McKinney. Website: https://capacitybuilders.info
1. My name is _________________________________________________________.
2. My DOB is ______/_______/_______.
3. I am enrolled in ____________________________________________ tribe.
4. My CIB # is ________________________.
5. My cell phone is (_______) _______________________.
6. My email is ________________________________________.
7. My mailing address is __________________________________________________________________________________________________
8. My artistic medium (painting, jewelry, etc.) is:_____________________________________________.
9. Websites on which hi-resolution samples of my work may be found: __________________________________________________________________________________________________
10. I promise that I do not pass off imitations as authentic, and that 90% of my work is handcrafted or handmade.
11. I understand that if selected, I will be required to sign an agreement to work with CBI for creation and use of images, stories and work for the showcase website and promotional materials related to the website.
12. Attached is my bio or resume.
13. (If samples of my work are not on the internet, I have also attached pictures of my work).